Monday, April 20, 2015

my first interview

Student of the Month

1. What does this award mean to you?
Makes me want to strive to do better academically, and do more volunteer work out of school.

2. What were the steps you had to take to win this award?
I had to have a high GPA, good grades, and volunteer hours. Also I participate in clubs.

3. What are your current grades?
I get high A's and I am still trying to get better.

4. Did you volunteer and with what organization?
I volunteer with Key Club and National Art Society. I feed the homeless and help children.

5. How did you feel when you won this award?
I felt proud, but I knew it was just an award.

6. Do you participate in after school activities and if so what activities?
I am in 3 different clubs: Harry Potter, Key Club, National Honor Society

7. Was this important to you and why?
I thought it was a great award, but it is just a label.

8. Are you familiar with this award and why?
Yes, many of my friends have won this award over the 3 years I have been at Bowie.

9. Do you have any advice on how to win this award?
You need to achieve academically, help others, and be a good role model.

10. Were you recommended for this award and by who?
Many of my teachers and club presidents thought I was a great candidate.

11. Do you think this award is an important step for you in high school and why?
I think it is a good achievement, but I think it is only a small step.

12. Are you happy with your work and how you got this award?
My teachers describe me as outgoing,loud hardworking, and I participate every day.
13. Where did you figure out you won the award?
I figured out I won the awarding the beginning in class during guitar theory. They announced it.
14. When did you win the award.
I won this award on my birthday month; March 1st.
15. Who presented the award to you?
A few students from NHS presented it and threw confetti on me. With a sign that said Student of the Month.
16. What do you plan on doing after high school?
I plan on going to an Ivy League high school and getting a masters in law.
17. What happened when you won the award?
It was put on a school transcript and it was recognized by colleges.
18. Why does this award help you succeed in high school?
It helps me because I want to aim higher for my goals.
19. Who were the finalists for this award?
The finalists were Emily Trotta, Amanda Stewart, and Jackson Cobb.
 20. How important was this award to you?
This award was very important academically, but it was just a small step in my learning career.

1 comment: